

Saturday was such a fun day! After getting my hair trimmed, my Sistar called and asked if I wanted to go with her 1) to the beach and 2) to BASSH...both to which I replied heck yeah!
So after hitting up Trader Joes for a salad, Blue Cheese Roasted Pecan dip with rice crisps, a mango smoothie, and some cocoa nibs, we headed to Butterfly Beach. Had a great time just soaking up the sun...I covered myself head to toe with sunblock (or so I thought) but apparently I missed my shins and the tops of my feet because I got SUNBURNED to a crisp just there an the back of one shoulder (NOOOOO!) :(.
On the bright side though, I got to rock my awesome wide brimmed straw hat which my Sistar said made me look very proper and British (haha!) although I think my general paleness played into that a bit as well. Either way, it kept my face and scalp from getting burned, and kept my eyes shaded nicely, so I was stoked. Form and function combined to create a blissful look for the day. teehee!
After the beach we showered up and got ready for BASSH. BASSH is something we attend every year...it combines Ballroom, Aerial, Swing, Salsa, and Hiphop dance style peformances fropm local dance crews and studios into one annual show. I was thrilled to see not only my old dance studion Rhythm kick butt, but also see friends who also used to dance with Rhythm werk it out with Fusion dance crew, and Cynthia Norton's crew. The Aerial dancing was fantastic as well! Very Circue du Soleil...
I pretty much spent Sunday at home doing nothing, nursing my sunburned legs and feet, but overall, what a great weekend!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment